Life Love Laughter

Life Love Laughter
:)

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My religion

Being Mormon

So we were suppose to teach catch up kids at the elementary school. So for about three weeks the kids had a trial period to see if they liked the class and wanted to stay in it or not. During that time there was a parents meeting with our Russian coordinator for ILP. In that meeting, Gulya (the coordinator) told the parents of a website they could go on to learn more about the program. The website is a Russian site about ILP where parents can leave comments and and such about the program. On the website it says that we follow LDS standards. Because of that all of our students dropped on the same day. We went down to teach them last Monday and we waited, and waited, and waited, and when no one showed up we went and asked and we found out that because of us being Mormom they gave the children the choice of going outside to play or going to English class? What? What first grader is going to choose English class? 

This is the first time I have ever truly been discriminated against for being LDS. My thoughts? I'm not sure yet. At first I was angry. It's not like we were brain washing their kids or anything like that, we were only teaching them English. I didn't understand. But as time has gone on all I want to do is "love the crap out of the Russians". I love these people and I love this culture. I  love being here. I don't think this will be the last time either. So I am glad it happen here.

So yea, I love being LDS! I love the blessings that I get from it, I love my heavenly father and his son, I love the book of mormon, I love the great spirit that I have because I am LDS. So think what you want, discriminate if you must, and judge if you may, but I will always LOVE you and I will always have FAITH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment