Life Love Laughter

Life Love Laughter
:)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Da Russian Ballet!

Da Russian Ballet! We NEVER miss it!

That's right... I went to the Russian ballet! Oh don't worry it was the nutcracker which was written by a Russian, also it was in the "Former Hall of Congress of the Communist Party." Was it amazing? Need you ask? Yes yes it was! 

Lets start at the beginning! So we got on the bus to head to the metro. As we were on the bus this guy starts talking to me. It is him, his daughter Masha, and his wife. We talked almost the entire bus ride! It was way cool! He asked if we were tourist so we got to tell him what we were doing. We found out that he works at the hospital with kids! And it was his daughters birthday!! Ironically enough, they were going to the nutcracker to!!! So we rode the bus with them, and the metro with them! And while we were on the metro they we're trying to explain to me about this instrument called a гусли (gusley). I didn't really understand what they were saying about it (their English was very limited, and we all know how much Russian I speak so it was like a game of charades and pictures!) (more on the гусли later!) yes so I didn't really understand. But when we got to the kremlin we took pictures with them and then went into the Hall with them, we were sitting in different section so we had to say goodbye, but we all decided to meet up again after the performance!

So I took my backpack because we were going to the YSA dance after the ballet, but we had like a four hour time slot with not a lot to do, so I brought my backpack with things I might need. But they won't let you take your backpack into the kremlin so I checked it for 60 r. Which is two dollars. But when I checked it I forgot to get my glasses out!!! And our seats were in the balcony. But they had those binoculars that you could rent for 100 r. So I got a pair of those! They were amazing! I felt stupid for leaving my glasses, but I'm over it! The binoculars rocked! :) 

The ballet was good! Not gonna lie though, I don't think ballets are my favorite. They put you in these comfortable seats, turn the lights off, and play classical music for you, all while expecting you to stay awake! Don't worry I did, but it was a struggle! But it was an amazing experience to go to the "Former Hall of Congress of the Communist Party"! 

After the ballet we met up with Маша, Саша and Олга (Masha, Sasha, and Olga). They wanted us to go to lunch with them, but they were going to the food court in the ГУМ, which is this super ritzy mall right by red square, and we like to each cheap! So we exchanged emails, said goodbye, and went and got out delish 100 r. Pita things! Mmm tasty!

After that we found this food court that has tables, so we played cards for a little while. Then we realized this food court as connected to a mall!! Super random! And it was underground! We may have done a little bit of shopping though because it wasn't super expensive, and my birthdays coming up!! And I still needed black flats for teaching, because I hate teaching in my heels and I didn't really have any other nice shoes! (they are super cute! They actually kinda look like witches shoes!)

At about 6 we headed to the metro. We were meeting Brother and Sister Packard at the metro stop where the dance was at 6:30. It was at the central building and we didn't know where that was, and they are over the YSA so they met us and showed us were the party was at! It was a way fun dance! It was so cool meeting all the Russians there! They are all so nice! 

We only stayed for about an hour and a half because we don't really like traveling at night! So we left at about 8:30, and we still didn't get home until 10!!! 

All in all it was such a great day! And I met one of the nicest families I have ever met! Ps I emailed her and she is sick right now but they want us to visit them as soon as she is better! And she sent me some pics of her playing the гусли!! It super cool and she looks like she is way good at it! 

Also I think you should know that I have officially finished the book of Mormon! Read it all the way through! :) I'm so excited! It's been such an amazing testimony in my life! And I have absolutely loved reading it! I have learned so much and become so much closer to my Heavenly Father and his son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for it! And I have loved the testimony it has given me! Now I'm excited to go back and study all the things I didn't understand! I truly am growing spiritually as I have been here and I have loved every minute of it! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love, 

Hailey Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Great post Hailey! It is so fun to hear your experiences. I am glad to hear you saw the Bolshoi! And went to the singles dance! How fun. We miss you so much. but I am so proud of you for reaing the BOM! Well done. It will strengthen you for always if you keep doing it :) love you!--John

    ReplyDelete