Life Love Laughter

Life Love Laughter
:)

Friday, October 28, 2011

What I want to be when I grow up.... wait, what?

Today has been a good day! Of course it started with breakfast, which was delish because it was the rice porridge which is just my absolute favorite! I love it so much! we also had the little pancacks with the sweetend condenced milk which are just soooo great! I love them!
.
Usually I teach at 2, but on Fridays we dont teachour basic reading kids so we don't teach untill 4. Which is nice but I really like our basic reading kids! they are so fun! Vova is our favorite. He has been sick for the past week though so we haven't seen a lot of him. He is so funny though! one day he came super early and it was just him and he pretended that we were all on an airplane and he was the pilot. It was so funny! Serogie is my next favorite! That kid is a geniuse! He gets really bored with what we teach him, because he knows almost all of it, so I feel bad for him sometimes. Then there is Boria (Borris) and he is.... well interesting. He can be the cutest kid ever, and I love him somedays. But then they are the other days when I just want to punch him in the face! And the only girl in that class is Marta, she is cute, but she doesn't come very often.

So yes no Teaching untill 4 today when we have to go teach kindergarden. Which quick story about them, yesterday Fedya pushed Mark down to the ground and made Mark cry, so I took Fedya's star away, which is a pretty big deal because Fedya HATES loosing stars, because then he doesn't get store. So any way, I took it away, and he threw a HUGE fit!! it was so bad! The Russian teachers were a little confused but when I told them what happened they didnt do anything about it, they just let him cry it out! BAHAHA!!! So yes, Fedya is having this HUGE fit and wont even come to class for like 5 min, which is really distracting, but I finally get him to sit at the table (he is still crying by the way) and all his little friend keep saying "Teacher Fedya 3 stars, please!" I kept telling them that Fedya had to be good first, and they just kept asking. So I turned to Mark and I said "Mark, do you want Fedya to have 3 stars?" and Mark nodded his head and said "Yes Fedya 3 stars." Basically this little boy is going to heaven! And I think that is what Christ means when he says we need to be child like. We need to be as forgiving as Mark! I loved this!

So, back to today. After breakfast, Selina and I headed down the the library so we could get on the computers, and we started talking to the library Olga. She is way cool and somehow we started talking about mushrooms. Gleeb in Russian. She told us how her Father is a Gleebnik. Which is a person who goes into the forest and collects mushrooms. The Gleebnik knows all the different kinds of mushrooms, and mostly he is looking for the belee gleeb, which used to be very easy to find, but now it is not. This mushroom is used to make this soUp which is supposedly really good, (at first we thought she was saying soap, so we were confused when she said it was delish! but then we got it all cleared up!)

So on Thursdays we have out language lessons, and yesterday we has a party for it! It was so cool! Our teacher and her class took us to the Museum that they have IN THE SCHOOL! Yes thats right, there is a Museum in the school. In the museum they have the "Traditional Russian houses" which are like log cabins, but they have HUGE stoves right in the middle of them. These stoves are so big that the kids, or the Elderly people would sleep on them to stay warm. So yes, in the basement of the school they  have one of these houses. So for our party we went down there and our teachers students told us about all the things in the house. It was way funny because one of the kids was pointing at a wooden bench and said "And this is a Traditional Russian comfortable SOFA!" It was so funny!! That kid was a hoot! we called him Justin Bieber, because they could be twins! So yes, and then we all sat around the table and got to each candy's and Palinie (this really good chicken dumpling thing.) It was so fun!

Well I think this is good for today! Someday I will get pictures uploaded! :) Love Ya'll

-Hailey Dawn

ps. I know this is super lazy, but I did not proof read this because I'm cold and I really want to check my email. :) Peace Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment