Life Love Laughter

Life Love Laughter
:)

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Parables!

So I am taking this amazing religion class and each week we have a an assignment that we have to do, and we can choose how to do it! One of the choices is to write in your blog! SOOOOO I am going to be writing in my blog a lot more now! I am super excited! The best part.... Its all going to be spiritual!! Well unless I update it about life... which I need to do any way!! But for now this post is just about what I learned this week about parables! 


This week in religion we learned about parables. The thing that I liked the most was that in the bible dictionary we learn that a parable relates to life as it is, not as it should be. It is also interesting to me that a parable can relate to a person in exact proportion to that persons faith and intelligence. It makes me wonder where my faith is. I already know I’m a super genius, so it all depends on my faith. ;) I’m real humble to. When I read the parables that we studied in Matt. 13 this week I want to get the most out of them. I want them to understand them to the best of my ability what Christ was trying to tell me when he said this. I want to understand what he was trying to convey so that I can be a better person, a better disciple of Christ. Christ only spoke in parables. Conference is this weekend and even though our prophets don’t speak in parables, there is always an underlying message in what they are trying to say. How we perceive what our prophets are trying to teach us again depends on our faith and our intelligence. This again makes me question what my faith is. I am so excited for conference and I hope that I can get the most out of it. I hope that my questions will be answered and that I can a better person spiritually, and again a better disciple of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment