Life Love Laughter

Life Love Laughter
:)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Girl Put Your Record On, Tell Me Your Favorite Song, You Go Ahead Let Your Hair Down.

Ok so I basically just had the BEST/WORST weekend of my life!!! I don't even know where to START! It was CRAZY awesome! From a reunion with old roommates/friends, hanging with my little bro. and his buddy Branson, getting to spend time with my J family, AND just being a Rexburg period it was pretty much just down right AMAZING-ness!

First I'm going to start at the beginning. Not the beginning of the weekend but of my college career. Psych, I'm going to go back a little bit further. Just a little background, for a very long time I had always prayed for a best friend. I had many friends but I had never had that one "best" friend, bossom buddy, joined at the hip/tell EVERYTHING to BEST friend. So of course I turned to my father in heaven and prayed for one. Ok fast forward. 11 Days after I graduated high school I moved to Rexburg. I loaded up my car and waved goodbye to my mom as she stood on the doorstep while I drove away. when I got to rexburg I went to my apartment and I had my choice of three beds because I was the second one there. My roommate who had moved in was not their but her mom was and she was there setting up her computer, remember Mamma J?? So I choose that room. Alas, Kayla and I were roommates. If I recall correctly we didn't see much of each other untill that night. You know the usuall unpacking and organizing your things. But of course, being the wild and crazy person I am, decided we needed to break the ice. So hairbrushes/curling irons+Avril Lavign Sk8er Boi= new best friends! I turned the song on and made Kayla dance and sing with me :) I believe the two of us put together is proof that prayers are answered. I got my best friend and of course she got one AWESOME, very humble roommate.
(Please don't judge, its kind of an old pic!)


I believe Kayla knows more about me than even my mother. she knows EVERYTHING. She is truly my best friend. So that is why this past weekend in Rexburg was so bitter/sweet. I love Kayla and I am so proud of her! The reason I went to Rexburg this weekend was to see my best friend graduate from college. She did it!! She is a college grad now!! Through all the ups and downs of the past three years she made it! She is going to have to get a real job, or she can just move in with me and Kendl and we can get cats and library cards and sit at the bar as we grow old together. (I would pick the latter of I were her :) )
(Isn't she PRESH!?!?) 


So that was the sweet part of this weekend (well most of it!) The bitter part.... Saying goodbye and not knowing when I'm going to see her again. I KNOW I will, I just I'm just scared because I don't know WHEN. The whole weekend I was no looking forward to the "end". And I knew it was going to come, so everytime I thought about it I would tear up... I love her so much and I just want to be roommates with her FOREVER. I will never ever forget all of the amazing memories we made together... SO MANY!! Monkey Rock, roommate wars, white shirts/pillow cases and tears, just talking, just to name a few!!! I love you so much Kayla, and you are and always will be the answer to my prayers!!

Ok Kayla darling, I love you but know I have to recap the rest of the weekend!

So Kayla finished her student teaching in Las Vegas and was going to come see me in Logan before she headed to Rexburg. She was suppose to come Tuesday night from Provo, BUTTT she decided to lock her keys in her car :). So I didn't see her beautiful face until wed. afternoon! It was a GREAT reunion!!! I missed her so much (kinda like I do now!) So for wed. and thur. we hung out. We didn't do much 'cause there isn't much to do in Logan, but being together was AWESOME! (Oh we did go see "I am number four"- Great movie by the way!) Other than that we basically just ate junk food and watched movies!! I introduced her to "Psych" and we came to the conclusion that I am Shawn Spencer and she is Burton Guster. Translated: I'm the CRAZY one who has the crazy ideas and such, and she is the sane one who after a little bit of convincing will usually be crazy with me!! :)

On Friday I had to work but Kayla (being the best friend/sister and just down right AWESOME person that she is!) woke up at 7:30 so that she could get to Rexburg early and help Jesse and his friend find out what they needed to do to register for school early!

I got to Rexburg around 4 ish (I think) and went straight to Alli and BJ's (after picking up my little bro and Branson of course!) We hung out for a min. there and then went to Hayley's and Erika's and the FUN began!!! Kayla walked this night (I was suppose to go watch her walk but me being the horrible friend that I am backed out last min.) But her and her family went to her walking ceremony so I didn't get to see much of them on Friday.
(Me, Hayley, Kayla, and Erika before Kayla went to walk :))

Friday night Hayley, Erika, Jesse, Branson, Greg, and I all went to dinner at Gator Jacks. (Delish by the way! and the cutest atmosphere) We were there for FAR to long because Hayley, Erika and I were having a conversation and the boys started doing strange things... Like putting pepper in the salt shaker... and salt in the tabasco sauce.... and counting to three and smashing their cups all at the same time (Oh yes Greg joined in on the fun :) ) So needless to say we decided to leave! we went back to Hayley and Erikas and decided on a movie. We went to the Adjustment Bureau, which wasn't a bad show it just wasn't what I was expecting! After that we visited some more... And then the night began :)
(Biggest snowflakes of our lifes!!!)


Of course it started with Hayley, Erika and I going over to the pines and getting Dr. Pepper. (Which I'm not completely sure I needed sense I had a Dr. pepper at dinner, a grande vanilla latte earlier that morning, and a chai tea that afternoon... can you say caffien overload? PERFECT!)
(MMM Hayley.... TASTY!.... this pic is so attractive BTW)

(Saucy Erika!)

(ummm my lip may have collided with a tree..... 'nuff said)


So After the DP we decided to get "tatted" up!!! (Fake stick on tatoos of course!)  We each did three! One on our arm, one on our hip, and one tramp stamp!!! SO MUCH FUN! Then Erika had ten weeks of Wall Street Journal (she had to get for a class) that she needed to get ride of!!! By this time it was 1:45 ish and we weren't sure what to do with them. SOOO we went to see if Branson and my little brother had locked thier car doors. Which they hadn't. so what do we do with the news papers?

(Yeah were cute!)

:)


 :) Oh yeah... thats the back seat!!!  


Then we went back to Sweet 16, put the mattresses in the living room, turned on Ms. Congeniality, and I was out it 5 min, Hayley of course watched the whole thing and didn't go to sleep till 5 :).
(exhausted at 3 AM!) :) (Ps. Erika I still do not approve of your shirt!!!!)




Now it is Saturday. Day of commencment. Day my BEST friend graduates from college. I met up with Kaylas family at 8 so that we could get out seats (a little tired after not going to bed till three, but being with my family J was just awesome!). I got to sit by Mamma J (LOVE HER). So several great talks, many many pictures, introducing Mamma J to Kim B, and fighting back so many tears the graduation was over. A GREAT morning!



(I was a J child for a day!!!) 

Kayla's AMAZING fam!!!


After that we went and changed. We were all starving cause we hadn't eaten yet and it was lunch time so we went to Sammy's (Tasty Tasty!!!!) Erika then had to finish packing, so Kayla and I took her grandparents and my little brother out to Monkey rock and the bridge to show them around. When we came back Kayla took her grandparents around campus and Erika and I hung out for a little while. We of course went to G's Dairy (Gavins mess= pure happYness.) Then it was time for Erika and the boys to leave :( I miss you Erika!!! LOVE YOU CHICA!!!!

Finally it was Family J time!!! :) Mamma J, Dad J, My darling Kayla, Holly, Feryn, Baylea, and the Firestone Grandparents! We went out to dinner that night (Mamma J kept making fun of me because all I wanted was chicken stripes... their were tasty!) And of course we enjoyed a delish choco desseret, MMMM! Kayla and I then took G-ma and G-pa out to the sand dunes so they could have a look around. It was so wonderful to see them! I love the dunes and I wish i was back in Rexburg so we could have bonfires :(. After that Feryn, Baylea, Kayla and I sat around and talked for a while. Then it was bed time :). But don't worry "She greased my monkey" ;)

Then morning came. And it was time to say goodbye. and that probably all I'm going to say about that for three reasons. One: I hate thinking about it :( I miss my friend soooo stinkin much!!!! and Two: I already talked about it earlier in this post. and Three: This post is already SUPER long!!! So I just want to thank all of you who were able to stick it out and read the whole thing because it is very long!!

I love you Kayla and Hayley and Erika and ALL of my J fam!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Hayley i love ya and miss you too:) I loved this post hehe i think you def captured this weekend pretty well ;)

    ReplyDelete