Life Love Laughter

Life Love Laughter
:)

Saturday, April 2, 2011

True HappYness

There are two things in life that make me happier than just about anything else in this whole wide world, 'cause lets me honest, there isn't alot to be happy about in the world. But among all the hate, pollution, abuse, natural dissasters, war, politics, and just plain screwed up people with their screwed up, systems there is beauty in the world. Beauty that can bring happYness of such great strength that in the depths of depression and loathing not only yourself but everyone around you, you can feel revived, feel as if the world is still going 'round through it all.

On a warm clear night in the magic valley, way out north at Kimama, away from the town lights, the stars twinkle so bright that you truly do feel as if you are surrounded by the heavens. To look up at the night sky and marvel at the moon and the beauty that it brings to this world is so comforting. To make a wish on every shooting star during a meotor shower gives me hope that the there is good in this world and that just maybe I can have the future that I sometimes dream of (the future that where my life is right now, is so far out of reach, hoping means nothing.) Looking up and the hundred of billions of stars and knowing that every group is a different constilation that tells a story. And finally, after staring at the groups for hours, being about to point out the different constilatoins and see their shapes. Yes, to me, stars are True HappYness.

As many of you know I have a small obsession with Idaho. Which I know some of those of you who are not from Idaho have a hard time understanding just why I love the large, barren, sagebrush covered, desert wastland. But you haven't spent much time in Burley. The mountains to the southeast, the wide snake river, the open spaces filled with fresh air that go on till the sky meets the earth, and of course the sunsets.

My first semester at BYU-I, summer 2008, at dusk, all of my new friends would look out towards the west and admire how beautiful the sunset was. At that time I did not understand why they were so fascinated by it. Then I moved to North Carolina winter 2010, where there is no "sunset", just trees, and I understood. All I wanted to do when I got back from NC was go sit on the hay stack at our farm and watch the sunset, admire the beauty, the colors, the heavenly feeling it gave me. All summer I watched as many sunsets as I could. I took pictures so I could preserve their beauty. I watched them from the train bridge, our hay stacks, my "special" spot by the river. Now I have moved to Logan, Utah. I will admit the mountains here are beautiful in the way they almost touch the sky because they are so tall and majestic, but they block the sunset. To me there is little beauty that can be compared to a sunset.

This past week I was able to go to Burley to visit for a day, and the night that I was there the sunset was remarkable. I have been stuggling alot this past winter, and just seeing that sunset brought me so much happiness, I truly felt rejuvinated! To me, a sunset is True HappYness.

(pictures soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment